Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson

I have Thriller on the turn table tonight. Paul McCartney is singing a duet on The Girl is Mine. They have little rap-talk at the end of that song. I wonder if Paul will now get rightful ownership back of all those Beatles songs Michael bought. I brought the Jackson 5 Anthology double record album to college in the early '80's. Needless to say, it was very unpopular with the guys. vs. AC/DC, The Who, The Doors, et al. But - funny thing - at the late night dance parties in The Triple - I'd take over the turntable and start playing that album and the girls would start dancing to ABC, I Want You Back, The Love You Save, I'll Be There, Got to be There, Never Can Say Goodbye, and Ben. The college guys didn't think it was such a lame album the next morning. Matt mantra was - get the girls to dance and see what happens. Vincent Price is now rapping on Thriller- forgot about that. My favorite album of his is Off the Wall. Get the special remastered 25th anniversay CD with the extra tracks and thank me later. Quincy Jones provides producers commentary on some of the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!