Monday, June 22, 2009

Van the Man's Wavelength

Granted, this is from way back in 1978, but does he looks great here or what? It’s a black and white photo, but this hot Irishman looks like he’s sporting, dare I say, a tan? Trim, fit – and ready to rock. Also note that the album I own is a “cut-out” record. Anyone out there know the origins of cut-out records? The title song is all I play on this album. I should go back and sample the others. He leads off the B side – how sublime? with the title track. Van was recently on a what would otherwise be a very unique tour – playing all the songs from his classic Astral Weeks album, in its entirety, in order. But Steely Dan is also doing that this summer and I saw Roger Waters play Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety after an intermission a few years ago. This is radio-friendly rock and fully amplified Van.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!