Sunday, January 17, 2010

Genesis - The Lamb


One of my favorite albums, I bought this today at the Chicagoland Record Collectors Show.  The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.  I have not owned this record until today, but I heard it played a few hundred times in college.  I beleive Peter Gabriel left the group shortly after it was released in 1974, or just after their tour supporting it.  Much has been written about this record.  It is very hard to describe, but words like groundbreaking, epic and far-reaching come to mind.  If and when Gabriel comes back to Genesis for a grand finale tour, expect many of the songs on this record to be played.  The record collectors show I went to today was very cool.  As I expected, a large hotel ballroom full of vendors that were very helpful.  Prices ranged from fifty cents and up with most average used records priced at two dollars.   I like going to the local Half Priced Books Store better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I've been to that record show serveral times and it's good ... but I enjoy nothing more than going to one of the several Half Priced Books looking for records!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!