Monday, August 30, 2010

Labor Day - Radio Debut - on WSLR with my pal Radio Dave: Songs about Work on Wed. Sept. 1st

 
Alabama - 40 Hour Week.  Good thing I love this album.  I am making my live radio debut on Wed. Sept. 1st.  Yes - real broadcast radio.  I will be on FM 97.1, WSLR FM, Sarasota.  You can listen in live streaming on your computer at http://wslr.org/   The weekly radio show is called Liner Notes.  I will be talking with show host and good pal Radio Dave.  He's featuring songs about work and jobs - as we approach the Labor Day Weekend.  Labor Day is always on the first Monday of September.  Sadly too, the unofficial end of summer.  The first one in the US was celebrated on September 5, 1882 in New York City.  Back to 40 Hour Week.  We are playing, of course, the title track.  And what an awesome record!  I also like Can't Keep a Good Man Down.  Alabama does one of my favorite holiday songs: Thistle Hair the Christmas Bear.  Wiki says they are a "band that wrote and performed their own songs."  For me - that is the benchmark of greatness.  Their 6th studio record, out in 1985, 40 Hour Week may have been the zenith for this dominant, non-fake country group.  I wish I would have seen them play live in their heyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!