Monday, April 18, 2011

Sammy Hagar: The Red Rocker VOA and All NIght Long

Sammy Hagar...The Red Rocker.  Book Review:  I am reading his new autobiography and liking it.  He had a nice ride with the Van Halen brothers, for about nine years, but I am at the part now in the book where that seems to be falling apart.  His newly created mezcal bar and cantina in Cabo is Wabo'ing, but I think we know that that turns out.  Cool to know Sam was down in Baja Sur way before anything else was going on.  Sadly, for his best solo album, Standing Hampton, he mentions the making of it in all of one sentence - so that is a huge disappointment in the book.  It's such a shame, because that album is one of my top, all time favorites.  But Sam clearly has a vibe all his own and is true to his color (Red, of course) and once he broke free of Montrose and did his own thing, that he took off.  As I read, I am figuring out out that maybe Van Halen need him more that he needed them.  Sam stayed true to bassist Michael Anthony.  But let's see how this turns out.  Bet he Can't Get Loose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!