Saturday, May 14, 2011

Elvin Bishop: Struttin' My Stuff


Elvin Bishop - Struttin' My Stuff.   Recorded at Criteria Studios and produced by Bill Szymczyk.  Just that is a recipe for greatness.  He is most well known for producing Eagles records.  I also have Elvin's double live album and posted on it last year.  This is a fun record and last night I sampled some of the other songs on it.  There's a southern fried version of the Smokey Robinson/Ronald White Motown hit My Girl, which is quite good and fun.  Click on this post's title above to hear Mickey Thomas tell us about how Fooled Around and Fell in Love ended up on the record.  No matter what else comes and goes - that song always stays on my list of my all-time top ten songs of my life.  See atlso: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMNwtat0Pgw&feature=related  There is just no way to do this song bad.  There are tons of at-home clips of the solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsqvNRzqWbY  The song just holds up so well.  And check out the guy on piano on it - Philip Aaberg.  Had no idea about that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!