Monday, May 9, 2011

Grand Funk Railroad - Good Singin', Good Playin' (Zappa)

I do not have any Frank Zappa records, but this one may be as close as I get.  Zappa records seem to be rare and expensive.  I rarely see them in the fifty cent bins that I bow down and worship at my haunts I go to to scour for black gold - vinyl.  This album is called 
Good Singin', Good Playin'
it is the final album from the decade of the 1970's by Grank Funk Railroad.  It is on MCA records, and yes - it was produced by Fank Zappa.  I read much about Zappa in the fine book about the Laurel Canyon days of sex and drugs and rock and roll in the sixties.  At the time, GFR had recently split up, but Frank made it known that he wanted to work with the them by producing their next album.  So rumor has it GFR reassembled for this - a last dtich attempt to regain a some elevated postions on the rock music charts, in that as disco was beginning to dominate those charts and the era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!