Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Boston: Don't Look Back


As I was saying...really, I do not like to make negative comments so I am sorry about that negative Peter Gabriel concert review.  By the way, it sucked.  Moving on, this is the inside cover of Boston's second album, called Don't Look Back, from 1978.  Don't look back?  Sorry - that admonition is, as the kid in the commerical says, frowned upon in this establishment.  To the contrary, looking back - ta da - Boston is my new favorite band of all time.  Meteors, they was the Comet Kohoutek of awesome seventies bands.  OK, the Hale Bopp.  Now that I have finally seen half of their remaining (read: living) members, play live, and play Boston songs.  They are now up in my personal stratosphere of awesomeness.  I think you might find that many people have not ever seen them play live.  Did I mention that Pete Gabriel has totally lost is?   OK, great - you got that.  But Sib Hashiam and Barry Goudreau and the real deal and are not affraid to play the songs that put them on the map, as intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!