Friday, June 24, 2011

Do You Remember...EWF, plus up and down Concerts


In lieu of a concert review - this is Earth Wind & Fire's album called All 'n All.  It is their 8th studio recording, from back in 1977.   Gosh, what a band.  Before the storm rolled in, I was asked by someone if EWF is a disco band.  I said no, they are funkalicious.  I will still get to see them play when the concert is rescheduled at Chicago's premiere lakefront live much venure later on this summer hopefully.  In bicycle racing parlance, I would refer to them as HC - which stands for Hors catégorie, a French term used that means "beyond categorization," which they are.  This is the go-to band for liven-ing things up in the basement.  This record has Fantasy on it.   In college, we went to see Phil Collins on one his Hello I Must be Going solo tour and he comandeered the EWF's Phenix Horn section, which included four members Don Myrick on sax, Louis "Lui Lui" Satterfield on trombone, and Rahmlee Michael Davis on trumpet and Michael Harris also on trumpet.  And I also "discoved" EWF's Phillip Bailey's solo album called Chinese Wall that was produced by Phil Collins.  This lively and unique music can lead in so many great directions for me to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!