Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Paul McCartney and Wings - Band on the Run (clue to below NTR)

Paul McCartney and Wings - Band on the Run.  Unfortunately, I will not attending either of his  concerts here in Chicago this coming weekend, well actually - Sunday and Monday nights.  But for those of you lucky to be going, it should be great.  I would really love to see Paul do Silly Love Songs, one of my favorites of his, but I think it's not on the set list.  It's unabashedly pop and sugary, yes - but he lays down such a great bass beat that to me is infectious.  And Paul's current drummer on this tour is the great Abe Laboriel, Jr. - who I got to see play with Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in the fall of 2009 on their tour.   The highly animated Abe should be perfect for pounding out Paul's songs - and whatever Beatles-era gems Paul will surely do.  Trib rock critic Greg Kot last Sunday gave us his 35-song Fantasy Set List for the Paul's forthcoming Chicago show.  But it was only in the newspaper (print ed.) and I cannot find it posted anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Still unsure of the NTR clue, but isn't that a nice Les Paul he's playing in the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard recently he was in another band before Wings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!