Friday, August 12, 2011

Wang Chung - Hypnotized Me somewhat back in the Eighties


These photos on not out of focus.  That is the way the images appear on the album covers.  Wang Chung - Mosaic.  In the New Wave period of music that I lived through, formerly known as Hell, I veered over to Wang Chung briefly - and far more so Simple Minds - instead of The Police. The Outfield and the Thompson Twins I also liked very much.  So what were Wang Chung? They are an English New Wave musical group. They had their greatest quote unquote success in America, with five Top 40 hits in the US, charting from 1983 to 1987. Those are a foggy few years for me. Out of college, working, single - living with college pals. And going to Uppitties - a tavern in Berwyn, IL. May it RIP. Here are the songs we knew but I never cared for: "Dance Hall Days" (#16 In the summer of 1984), "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" (#2 in 1986) and "Let's Go!" (#9 in 1987). But the song of their that got to me is called Hypnotize Me. To me - it was their best effort. I also forgot that they first called themselves Huang Chung. After this - work your way over to Simple Minds.  As a post script, the great Peter Wolf produced the above album.  Below is another WG record I own.  You would know Dance Hall Days on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!