Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Outlaws - Hurry Sun Down


What a whirlwind of live music for me.  I just saw 4 live bands within 24 hours - at 3 venues, two outside.   Friday after work at Berhoffs Okterbfest, then Libido Funk Circus played at the ULC's annual fall party, check out their bass player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjT3paJyVqE.  Then Sat. afternoon I rode my bike to a park to see the Bad Dads, and some other band at beer tent fundraiser.  On to this record: my favorite Outlaws song is There Goes Another Love Song.  Actually it's one of my all-time favorite songs, regardless of bands.  It's just sweet (the lyrics, the high, bright major chords, harmonized vocals) that it just seems like a rough and tumble band like the Outlaws wouldn't have created it. They are more Green Grass and High Tides, Hurry Sundown, etc.  I was lucky to have gotten to see band founder and lead guitarist Hughie Thomasson - he was filling in with Lynyrd Skynyrd at the time - at an outdoor show called Ribfest in Naperville.  The debut album might make it onto my Their First Album was their Best list. Hurry Sundown was produced by Bill Szymczyk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!