Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads - Tribute...most expensive record in my collection


Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads - Tribute.  OK, so this one earns the Most I Ever Paid for a Used Record prize.  (Don't ask).  But having met the gentleman who took this iconic photograph - I just had to have it.  I speak of professional rock concert photographer Paul Natkin.  A couple of years ago - I saw a special on our local Chicago public television station (WTTW Ch. 11) on Paul.  Watching it, I found out Paul lives in Chicago.  So I tracked down his email address and invited Paul to come out and give a talk over lunch at my photography and camera club meeting.   Paul gave a slide show talk about all of the great rock concert photos he has taken over the past 30 years.  Read more about Paul here http://natkin.net/about-me

2 comments:

  1. Hi Curtis, I'm still there. Record Collection DJ Eric EL link doesn't work no more. It changed into lionmountainmusic.blogspot.com or lionmountainmusic.net
    By the way: your photographer is interesting. How about signed albums?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric - from Chicago! I AM the photographer of all photos here. I will re-link to your blog again...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!