Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Bee Gees - Main Course

The Bee Gees - Main Course and Fanny (Be Tender with me Love)...as I commented on my Youtube channel about this record - it has a odd if rather feint connection to Eric Clapton's masterpiece 461 Ocean Boulevard.  Yes. both records were recorded at the famed Criteria Studios in Miami.  But while the Brothers Gibb made and recorded this album - Main Course they too stayed at that rental house at famous address.  And what a great album they made.  461 and Main Course are both on the semi-quirky RSO label (subset of Atlantic.)  Speaking of Atlantic - Ahmet Ertigan gets a nod on the record jacket too.   Side one is just fabulous - I like playing that side start to finish.  It is one of those album sides with great song after great song.  They are all compositions by Barry and Robin Gibb except as indicated.  "Nights on Broadway," "Jive Talkin,'" "Wind of Change," "Songbird," and - my favorite song on the record - "Fanny (Be Tender with My Love)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!