Saturday, January 30, 2010

ELO - Out of the Blue

I am in an ELO phase at the moment.  This is ELO's double studio album Out of the Blue, from 1977.  It is considered ELO's most commercially successful studio album.    I went to play this record last night found out that I am missing one of the disks.  I bought it for fifty cents, so - oh well.  I have the disk with sides I and II.  The disk I am missing has Concerto for a Rainy Day, which is side III.  Jeff Lynne is a rock genius.  I loved him in the Traveling Wilburys, and  also seeing him (on video) at The Concert for George a few years ago.  I also have their record called OLE' ELO, which I think is a greatest hits record.  Added bonus: had to show you the inner album gatefold photo, below.  I searched the record jacket and could not find who did this fabulous artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!