Friday, January 22, 2010

Low Spark of High-heeled Boys; Traffic


Yes, Smack (my college pal now in Tennessee), of course this record jacket has those famous clipped corners.  The front cover is rather bland, so I went with the back cover.  My guess is, Steve Winwood is in the blue coat, on the right.  I tend to show albums covers (front or back) that have people on them, to be more interesting.  I am not sure how old (young?) Steve Winwood is.was when he played on this record, but I will guess 22.  He is listed on the back cover as this record's producer.  I saw Steve Winwood just last fall - when he was on tour with Eric Clapton and they played things from their joint Blind Faith era.  "My head is spinning, from a loud guitar,: a lyric.  I have also featured a solo record by one-time Traffic member Dave Mason here.  This record came out in 1971, when I was ten years old.  Jimmy Unger, from down the street was our babysitter and he would come over on Sat. nights and he would bring Cream and Jimi Hendrix records to play on my dad's hi fi.  Recall that Clapton's favorite drummer is/was Jim Gordon, who plays on this record.  Readers here will know that if you click on this post's title - you will get a  music video treat.  Thanks Smack!  Much more on Steve Winwood on later posts.

5 comments:

  1. L to R.
    Chris Wood RIP
    Rik Grech (also in Blind Faith) RIP
    Jim Gordon. Jail
    Rebop RIP
    Jim Capaldi RIP
    Steve Winwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Baz - excellent comment - thanks! Yes, I have read the tragic info about Jim Gordon. Thank you for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great song to listen to at night, low/no light with your 2nd cocktail of the evening...thanks for putting this album/song on your site Curt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all-time favorites. Watching the YouTube video now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!