Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gordon Lightfoot - another Canadian; Sundown

I have about half a dozen Gordon Lightfoot records - but I chose this one because of the album cover. Isn't that what this blog is all about - album covers? Gord Gold's is from 1975. We see that Jim Gordon – Clapton’s favorite drummer, drums on a few of the tracks. I heard Sundown on a podcast the other day. What a great song. This is a double record album with 22 songs on it. It was not until 1976 that he wrote and recorded his famous song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," which is on his album called Summertime Dream. When my pals up north and I used to go wreck diving in Lake Superior - we'd crank that song on the boombox as we donned out wetsuits. Knowing what we were about to do - we'd get pretty psyched, and ready for the cold water, in a reverent sort of way. Gord's Gold also has If You Could Read My Mind on it. Click on the post title to hear and see a great YouTube clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!