Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Marshall Tucker Band: their first album

This is The Marshall Tucker Band's self-titled debut album, recorded and released in 1973.  This is the inside cover (photo).  The other side, also fully un-foled is the photo I am using for my main blog title.  I rotate those from time to time.  What a debut album this is.  Can't You See and Take the Highway on a band's first record?   They are what I call one of the first jam bands.  The MTB is not in the rock and roll hall of fame.  But in the 2010 class, ABBA is to be inducted.  I'm just sayin'.  This record is on the Capricorn label.  The label states, "All selections written by Toy Caldwell."  Meaning he wrote both the music and the lyrics on all eight songs on the record.  The entire band is credited with Arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!