Thursday, April 15, 2010

Andrew Gold - What's Wrong with this Picture?


Tomorrow, Saturday, April 17, 2010, is national Record Store Day. Many independent record stores will have special events (sales, etc.) and even live music.  Check out (and support) your local record store for details or visit www.recordstoreday.com  Now for this record - Andrew Gold - What's Wrong with this Picture?  I had a party in my backyard last weekend - ostensibly to serve a small (4.5 gal. "Corney") keg of beer that I made.  It tasted great and the gang drained it in 2 hours; so the late-comers had to drink store-bought.  I am relatively new (3 batches) to home-brewing and I am having a blast with it.  So a few of my good pals showed up with the ultimate "hostess gift" (what else?) - yes, vinyl!  Thanks, Bill C. for this awesome record!  Doug M. and John B. also donated some sweet vinyl and I will post on those records soon.  Click on this this post's title for a clip of the hit Lonely Boy.

2 comments:

  1. Great video! Also, he was part of the Linda Ronstadt backup group, was he not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nedward - Correct. I will loan you the book I am reading now, called Waiting for the Sun - A Rock and Roll History of Los Angeles. The Asylum label signed him, who the author (Barney Hoskyns) mentions Gold as "leader of Ronstadt's backing band."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!