Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bachman–Turner Overdrive: Not Fragile

1974's classic Not Fragile.  You probably had this record.  Roll on Down the Highway, words and music by CF Turner and Robbie Bachman.  "We rented a truck and a semi to go; Travel down the long and winding road; Look at the map  - I think we've been here before. Close the doors let's roll once more.  (there's a) Cop on the corner; Look he's startin' to write; I don't need no ticket  - so I screamed out of sight.  Drove so fast that my eyes can't see - look in the mirror is he still followin' me?  Let it roll down the highway - Let it roll down the highway.

   We're in the wrong place; Move out boys; Let's get ready to race.  (a) 454 coming over the hill; The man on patrol; is going to give us a bill.  The time's real short; You know the distance is long - I'd rather have a jet, but it's not in the song.  Climb back in the cab; Cross your fingers for luck.  We gotta keep movin' if we're gonna make a buck."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!