Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mac Davis - Texas in my Rear View Mirror

Mac Davis - Mac Davis - Texas in my Rear View Mirror, from 1980 - on the now defunct Casablanca label.  On the back album cover - we see that this record was cut at the "famed" Fame Recording Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.  And the strings recorded at Sound Shop Studios in Nashville, Tennessee.  On the record label, we also can see that Mac himself wrote nine of the ten songs on the record.  I had no idea he was also a song writer.   I do like Mac and I think his record covers are really great because he just seems to be so photogenic.  Click on the post title to hear and see a nice clip of the title track.

3 comments:

  1. CL I tink believe it or not Mac Davis wrote a song Elvis Presley did but not sure which one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curtis I looked it up and didn't realize Mac Davis wrote two of Elvis's best well known songs In the Ghetto and A little less converstion....John B ( Leonard Bernstein's namesake) Kind of cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting here - I did not see these nice comments until a few days after the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!