Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper; John Lennon at 70

On Capital Records, with those deep brown, almost burgandy colored labels - this of course is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.   On the label is reads, "Produced in England by George Martin."  As we know, John Lennon would have been 70 today.  I own three Beatles reocords.  This one, Abbey Road, and Hard Day's Night (mono) movie soundtrack.   George has a credited song here - Within You Without You.   Also on the back of this record is says, "A splendid time will be had by all."  I know this record is near the top of all of the best records of all time lists.  But it's nowhere near my favorite Beatles record.  For me - I like Help!, Rubber Soul, and Beatles '65.  I was a sophomore in college when John Lennon died.  Still too hard to believe he's gone.  The song clip associate with this post is Bryan Ferry doing a wonderful version of John's Jealous Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!