Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Wall: 4 nights in Chicago - Roger Waters

Pink Floyd - The Wall, released on November 30, 1979 - the year I was a freshman in college.  I had four chances to attend these epic concerts a few weeks ago in Chicago, but I did not go.  I heard from friends and family who did go - and they raved about it.  A few years back I did see Roger Waters while on his Dark Side of the Moon (in its entirty) tour.  This is my only Pink Floyd album and I may have overpaid ($7 USD) for it.  But you can't really say you have a decent vinyl record collection if you don't have a Pink Floyd album.  From the liner notes:  it was produced by David Gilmour, Bob Erzin, and Roger Waters.  If you own this record, you will recall the song lyrics are very hard to read on the record sleeves based on the scratchy ink-well pen style and (Waters'?) very dodgy handwriting.  Chicago Tribune Rock critic Greg Kot wrote in his concert review that The Wall (the record) was mainly a Waters solo effort with band members David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Richard Wright joining in at certain recording sessions.  Thank goodness there is some color artwork to view when the album is opened - otherwise, if going just by the plain white front cover with feint brick lines - this album would not make onto nor into my blog - visually speaking of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!