Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Barry White - The Man

Barry White - Can't Get Enough.  Damn right, can't get enough.  I can't get enough of this dude's records.  I have five of them now.  I bought this one last weekend at my new secret store for just fifty cents.  The newspaper I read at lunch on weekdays costs me .75 cents.  Do the math.  This one has a great cover - but that day, I also scored another Barry White record, called simply, The Man.  That record jacket is styled after a party or wedding invitation, with a wax seal and a fold-over envelope.  But besides that it's plain.  Barry White - arranger, producer, and engineer.  Can't Get Enough is Barry's third record, out in 1974.  In 2003, the album was ranked a whopping no. 281 on Rolling Stone magazin's list of the top 500 albums of all time.  We lost Barry in July 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!