Monday, May 30, 2011

Rush - Fly by Night

Rush.  Fly by Night.  What a great album.  I went over my budget a couple of weeks ago at another of the Chicagoland Recollectors Shows.  They are quarterly or every other month.  And it is fun to walk about to the tables the vendors have out.  See: http://chicagorecordcollectors.com/  I think in the fall I will finally take the leap and get my own vendor table for the day there, it's $25 and if I have a pal or two join me - it would be a blast.  Back to this record - of course the title track might be Rush's best known song.  But the other songs are really quite good too.  I don't think Rush by this time - 1975 - or us, really knew that they would take on two levels of fans, cult-live devotees (I know a few), and just plain mainstream rock fans.  Here is what they say - Why try? Now why?  This feeling inside me says it's time I was gone.  Clear head, new life ahead.  Its time I was king and not just one more pawn.

Guitar solo.  Moon rise, thoughtful eyes.  Staring back at me from the window beside.  No fright or hindsight.  Leaving behind that empty feeling inside.  Chorus.  Start a new chapter.  I find what I'm after.  It's changing every day.  The change of a season.  Is enough of a reason.  To want to get away.  Quiet and pensive.  My thoughts apprehensive.  The hours drift away.  Leaving my homeland.  Playing a lone hand.  My life begins today.   ...yes it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!