Sunday, July 31, 2011

B.J. Thomas - more than just raindrops kept falling on his head


The great B.J. Thomas.  Best known for his magical rendition of Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head.  I love that song so much.  But I had forgotten he also did Hooked On a Feeling.  And that is also an awesome song!  I also have a B.J. Thomas record called DORAL Presents...that Doral is the cigarette company and I think you got the record free for buying a few cartons.  Nice!  As for summer concerts - it been a  very up and down year.  Really disliked Gabriel so much that I gave tix away that I had to his next show.  Then, we almost almost get killed (lightening!) at the cancelled but-not-soon-enough EW&F concert.  Their rescheduled show is now in our top 10.  We forgto how much we don't like that shed down in Tinley Park and won't go back.  Coming up is Tedeschi-Trucks Band in August, and ending with Bryan Ferry in October.  I will be taking off from the concert scene all next year: cold turkey.  But as we head in August - I will try to get some of my new They Played at Woodstock records up.  How do you like my new title photo.  That is Joan Baez, from the inside jacket cover of one of her live albums, called From Every Stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!