Saturday, July 30, 2011

Heart and Def Leppard Concert (and venue) Review


Heart opened for Def Leppard this past Thursday night at First Midwest Bank Amphitheater.  The venue is a cookie cutter design that is an outdoor music venue, in a south suburb of Tinley Park.  It opened in 1990 - and is pretty beat up.  No - it's a dump.  In the seats and grass combined it can hold about 28,0000.  The seats were fold, and the grass was 2/3 empty.  It was another hot and ssticky night, but we had a slight breeze.  The Wilson sisters were overdressed - Anne in long flowing black dress and boots and Nancy (the hot one) was in skirt and leggings and covered boots.  I could not get over how well Anne's voice sounded.  I was figuring it would be shot.  They did most of their '80's hits in a 75 minute set - but left out my 2 favs: Nothing at All and Who Will You Run To.  Their encore was were two covers: Battle of Evermore and a nice version of the Who's (from QUADROPHENIA) Love Reign O'er me.  Def Leppard opened with a new song.  They got more into it as the show went on.  They (Sav mostly) have now made David Essex's Rock On.  It may have been my last time seeing them.  I love their music and the band, but I can't imagine them doing much more than they already have.  Nancy is never going back to this venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!