Monday, July 4, 2011

BORN IN THE U.S.A./BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen, aka The Boss.  I listened to and read the liner notes of Born to Run this morning.  Do you recall that "Dave" Sanborn plays on baritone saxaphone?   Born in the USA is 1984's monster album.  You probably know all about the famed E Street Band, but here are some tidbits.  Of all of the E Streeters - my favorite is piano play Roy Bittan.  This album was recorded and mixed by Bob Clearmountain.  The inner sleave photos of the bandmembers were taken by Annie Leibovitz.  The songs were recorded at both The Power Station (k/n/a Avatar Studios) and The Hit Factory, both in New York.  I have never seen Bruce.  I would have liked too - but it's not to be.  I was playing Born to Run in tribute to Clarence Clemmons who passed away recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!