Friday, July 8, 2011

First Brand New Vinyl Record Bought in 30-plus Years

How apropos - Def Leppard.   This is a brand new, 3-record vinyl album.  It's called Mirror Ball.  This is like a DLA - or almost close to the format of the Genesis album called Three Sides Live.  The DefLep album has 3 records and 5 sides live.  Side 2 of Disc 3 has three news songs on it:  Undefeated, Kings of the World, and It's All About Believin'.  This is fantastic.  A brand new 3-disc vinyl record album from my all-time favorite band.  I've seen them 7 or 8 times and they are touring with Heart this summer.  The show in the Chicago area is next Friday.  I have not play this record yet, but I am really excited to hear their three new songs.  I am sure those will have that great pop-rock, layered vocals, anthem style sound that is their trademark, going back to when Robert John "Mutt" Lange first began helping them make records.  I will listen to is before the concert next week.   If you like this kind of music, I think it holds up pretty well today.  It's not heavy metel, it's not big hair band stuff - DefLep was sort of in their own category - maybe up-tempo, harmonized ballad rock would be their category, not that they need to be in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!