Thursday, August 25, 2011

Roadmaster - really? Who the heck are they????

Here is what we know about Roadmaster, from comments I read attached to one of their youtube song clips.  They have a song you might had heard many years ago called Sweet Sweet Music, which sounds as if Jim Peterik wrote it.  It's very good - from that era. They also do a song called It's Doesn't Mean a Thing.  Roadmaster, is the noce great, one-time power group from Indianapolis in the 1970's.  They had a few catchy rock anthems and in their heyday apparently once blew away Aerosmith at December 1979 show at Market Square Arena.  One of the guys who started "Sunshine promotions" said if Roadmaster were on the "west coast," they would have been HUGE on a national level...but wrong place, wrong time - with too many similar groups (REO, Styx, Journey, Kansas, Surviror - then Huey Lewis/News) at the time.  Sad they were very good. I saw them no less than 20 times in concert.  And also "This was the best damn band ever to come out of Indy.  I have all their albums, and have seen them way more times than I can count.I was at this show and my ex and I are seen in the video in the crowd shots. Michael Reed came into the bar I work at about a month ago,he still is just as cool as ever, and to my amazement, he remembered me from all those years ago.I miss these guys, and I miss Mac,he's got heaven rockin' I'm sure.  The rest of the story of Roadmaster starts in the mid seventies in Indianapolis. They have a common sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!