Saturday, February 11, 2012

Air Supply...their second Eponymous album, but their eighth overall...


Air Supply...OK, this album cover and photo thereof, is really more about my Photoshop skills.  I took two separate photos, one each of the front and back covers and using Photoshop, I merged the images into one photo.  Then I cropped that image.  You get the idea.  This album is called Air Supply, it is the eighth studio and second eponymous album by Australian soft rock band Air Supply, released in 1985.  It has the same name as the band itself, that is referred to as "eponymous."  But I thought a band can only name an album the same as the band's name just once - usually it would be the band's debut album.  Any who...The album was a step down in the band's sales, reaching gold certification and #26 in the US charts.  The single "Just As I Am" was their last major entry on the charts, reaching #19 on theBillboard Hot 100, while their interpretation of the Jennifer Rush song "The Power of Love" became a minor hit, reaching #68.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!