Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pure Prairie League: A must-play song on Every Jukebox...


Pure Prairie League.  The photo here of these two record albums, clipped together, is the new background of my Facebook page.  If (when?) I ever own a bar, it will have an old jukebox, not a digital one, and it will have a select few songs on it, permanently.  I may swap in and out a few current songs and others depending on season or mood, but it will ALWAYS have these on it:  PPL's Falling in and out of Love/Amie.  David Allen Coe's You Never Even Called me By My Name.  The Foundations' Build me up, Buttercup.  Zeppelin's Heartbreaker/Livin Lovin Maid.  He Stopped Loving Her Today.  Dreams, by Van Halen.  Talk to you Later, by the Tubes.  And Mel McDaniels' Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On.  On the Dark Side, by John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band.  Girl Can't Help It, Journey.  And my personal theme song: Jerry Doucette's Mama Let Him Play.  Will add others as they occur to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!