Friday, March 2, 2012

Peter Frampton Concert Review - and his 2nd solo album - Something's Happening


He actually opened with the song Something's Happening, which is the title of today's record - above.  The cover design and artwork is by Hipgnosis, which was a British art design group that specialized in creating some really cool album cover art for bands such as Pink Floyd, T. Rex, UFO, 10cc, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Scorpions, The Alan Parsons Project, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, ELO, and ETC.  The design firm was made up of Storm ThorgersonAubrey Powell, and later, Peter Christopherson.  The group dissolved in 1983, though Thorgerson still works on album designs, and Powell works in video, most notably with The Who

   Back to the concert - then Peter played FCA! - (mostly) in order, with my new (old) favorite song of his Doobie Wah, then Lines On My Face, Show Me The Way, It's a Plain Shame, Wind of Change, Penny For Your Thoughts, All I Wanna Be (Is by Your Side), Baby I Love Your Way, I Wanna Go To The Sun, (I'll Give You) Money, Shine On (Humble Pie song), Jumpin' Jack Flash, (Stones), Do You Feel Like We Do.  OK, so that’s all of them – but not exactly in the right order.  I wonder why?  He took a brief break and then he went right back at it with songs from his newer CD’s, the 2006 CD called Fingerprints and Thank You Mr. Churchill from 2010.  Those were Asleep at the Wheel, Restraint, Float, Boot It Up, Double Nickels, Vaudeville Nanna and the Banjolele, All I Wanna Be (Is by Your Side), Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden – from his 2006 Fingerprints), Four Day Creep (Humble Pie), and Off The Hook.  His encore: While My Guitar Gently Weeps (The Beatles cover), which we did not stay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!