Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ten Years After - yes, they too played at Woodstock

Alvin (don't call me Albert) Lee and Ten Years After played at Woodstock, I am pretty sure.  There seems to be a little splotch of a red wine staining this record album jacket cover.  It's not quite even June, but the summer takes me to Woodstock.  I have some new Joan Baez records to post and a few others.  I may even have at least one record by almost every act to have played Woodstock.  Sort of a cool sub-category.  Reports from the fest say this British group, Ten Years After, hit the stage at Woodstock on Sunday, August 17th at about 8:15 pm.  TYA was known for heavy Blues Rock and long guitar and drum solos.  But what could have been a memorable and world-shaking performance apparently bombed a bit sadley due to technical reasons:  The post-rain high humidity caused the instruments to go out of tune, the sound recording partially failed and the camera and film team was only able to capture the last song of their set: "I'm Going Home."  Bummer, bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!