Thursday, June 2, 2011

Records I Don't Own: Woodstock

I made a list of all of the bands, acts, artists (whatever we must call them) who played at Woodstock.  From Richie Havens starting things off (that is a whole 'nother story) around happy hour on Friday (5 pm) afternoon - all the way though to the ultimate wake 'n' bake of all time: Mr. Jimi closing out the 'fest at 11 am Monday morning.  I checked my stash and discovered that I own vinyl records by almost every act who performed at Woodstock.  But I do not own any records of - or by - these acts.  Here is the list of Acts Who Performed at Woodstock of which I do not own any of their records.  Day One: Sweetwater, Bert Sommer, Ravi Shankar, and Arlo Guthrie.  Day Two: Quill, Country Joe McDonald, the Keef Hartley Band, and The Incredible String Band.  Day Three (and really - Day 3.5):  Country Joe & The Fish, and Chicago's own - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band.   So albums by those bands are on my watch list when I head out exploring garage sales and used book stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!