Monday, September 5, 2011

Dionne Warwick - another DLA, oh my!

Dionne Warwick.  
This is Dionne Warwick's double live album.  It is a great format, the DLA.  It really does not exist anymore, frankly, because the record album format itself also no longer exist.   Among my top DLA's are records by REO, Seger, Little Feat, Genesis, The Nuge, and Skynyrd.  Every act in the seventies had to have a DLA.  UFO, Deep Purple, The Allman Bros., Rush, the Kinks, many more.  But, as I found out from the 300-plus members in my Vinyl Record Collectors over on LinkedIn - there are tons of these records, act acts as diverse as Barry Manilow, this one today, and many votes for Rory Gallagher's Live in Dublin '74 DLA.  For example, one guy I don't know listed: #5 Bob Dylan & and Band - Before the Flood, #4 Velvet Underground, #3, Neil Diamond Hot August Night, #2 Siouxsie & the Banshees - Nocturne, and # 1 for him was Grateful Dead - Live Dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!