Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dickey Betts & Great Southern


Dickey Betts & Great Southern...What a great album and talented guy.  One of my personal favorite singers is on the record - Mr. Mickey Thomas.  Hey Dickey and Mickey!  I am reading the book Skydog - about Duane Allman.  At some point later on in the book - I am pretty sure there is a falling out between the ABB and Dickie Betts and he is asked to leave the band.  But this is is of course the album by Dickey Betts & Great Southern - the second solo album by Dickey Betts of The Allman Brothers Band.  It was recorded with his band "Great Southern" in 1977. The standout tracks are "Sweet Virginia" and the extended-jam "Bougainvillea", which was co-written by Don Johnson of Miami Vice fame.  I have Mr. Betts on my I Need to See Him Play soon list.  I will post more soon here about Duane and the rest of the ABB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!