Friday, December 16, 2011

Muddy Waters - Hard Again


The real deal - Muddy Waters - Hard Again.  Muddy Waters is on my personal They are No Longer Around, but I Saw Them Play Live list.  He passed away in 1983.  And I saw him on one of his last tours - shortly before this record came out.  I was fortunate to score a ticket to a great performance when I was in college - at ISU, in Normal, IL.  That particular concert was on Thursday, February 21, 1980.  I know that because his tour dates on all listed here:   http://www.muddywaters.com/1980.html  That website also says this about Mud's final years of making records, "In 1977, his long association with Chess at an end, he signed with Blue Sky Records, a label operated by another of his young proteges, the guitarist and singer Johnny Winter, and over the next several years produced four spirited albums under Winter's sympathetic guidance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!